Skip to main content
BIRTHDAY PARTY TIPS AND TRICKS

If there is one thing I am good at, PARTY PLANNING is one of them. I LOVE making parties personal and a little "EXTRA". Sometimes throwing a party for your little one is over whelming, too expensive and sometimes easier just to bake a homemade cake with just friends and family and celebrate it at home. There is nothing wrong with that and I honestly miss the "old school way" of in home small parties. Today's society puts SO much pressure on you for throwing the "it" party. For going above and beyond and making sure all of your little ones friend's moms are talking about your parties for years to come!It's exhausting and expensive! I am guilty of going over the top. I honestly LOVE throwing parties and really enjoy being crafty. I don't do it for anybody else but myself (and my little one but lets be honest, he is probably just as happy to have 5 friends over and a homemade cake for a sleepover.) If you are like me and like to go the extra mile, keep reading! I just want to make it clear that its okay not to have a lavish, over the top party.I wish I knew how to put down the streamers and and balloons for the balloon arches and back away. Here are some tips and tricks to help ease party stress and save a few dollars.


1. PAPER GOODS - Dollar Store . Save money on "themed" paper plates and find your local dollar store and buy the color scheme of your party, plates. It helps save a few cents and I think it looks better if you don't have "super hero cake, super hero, balloons, super hero table cloths, wrapping paper, etc. and have solid color plates. It helps break it up a little bit. :) 


2. BALLOONS - Balloons can really jazz up any party. My favorite thing to do is buy a big bag of solid color balloons (the color scheme of the party) and blow up as much as I can and then tie two together at the ends. Once you tie them together they will be so easy to make a balloon arch or a balloon cluster and you can hang them everywhere! My trick that I use, are long balloon animal balloons that I use to to string and tie all the balloons together to make my arch or cluster. It's my favorite party decoration! It looks expensive, transforms the area and makes it look like you took a lot of time.(the part that takes the MOST time is blowing up the balloons, which I usually use an air pump.) 


3. 2-4 - If your on a budget and trying to save money or use money towards something else. LIVE by the 2-4 rule. Plan your party between the hours of 2 &4 if you don't want to shell out money for food and drinks. You can get away with not having any food or just having light snacks. Its after lunch and before Dinner. I always like to have snacks or foods at my party for the parents but if I'm trying to save, then I'll plan it at 2:00 :)




4. LIFE LESSON - IT IS NOT CHEAPER TO HAVE A PARTY AT HOME. It's just simply, NOT. Nowadays you can have a facility host, cater and clean up the party for the same price if not CHEAPER than at the house, spending all day cooking, all the time decorating, all the EXTRA money for decor, balloons, door hangers, Party activity! Whether you rent an inflatable (which easily costs $200+) or hire a magician or DJ or whatever your activity may be . . .  YOU STILL HAVE TO CLEAN UP!! Yeah, there are so many more decor and ideas you can do at your own home but in the end, I always wish I would have chose a party place! haha. Just a little life lesson. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro

HELLO, My name is Stephanie. I'm a southern mom who sometimes goes above and beyond for kids parties, school lunches & halloween.   I am a Mom, Wife, Photographer, Lipsense Distributor and I work a full time job with a local home builder.  I have a busy lifestyle and should probably find time to "relax". I have owned my own photography business for the past 8 years. I own Honey B Photography, I shoot natural light photography for families and children. I don't know if I could classify makeup as a "hobby" but it is a definite passion of mine. I love to collect makeup. In doing so, my sister in law introduced me to the most magical makeup product, LIPSENSE! yes, I am a distributor! No, I won't push it down your throat! BUT, YES! Every girl/guy (I'm not discriminating) should have some in their makeup arsenal ( ID#375596 ) I also, work a 9-5 job as a sales associate for a home builder. I wear many hats and call me crazy but I love staying busy

15 Random Questions About Me

ARE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? -  My mom was a big fan of Stevie Nicks. My dad wanted a traditional name so they settled on Stephanie and would nick name me "Stevie". DO YOU HAVE KIDS? I have 2 boys. Ian & Jax. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOURSELF? I would like to think, yes! Although I do have RBF and I come across as mean and rude to some people. But, I can't help it, I don't mean to come off as un approachable.  SCARY MOVIE OR HAPPY ENDINGS? happy endings! I refuse to watch scary movies. Growing up with 4 older brothers . . . I watched my fair share of them.    FAVORITE SMELL?? Perfume - JaDore Other - Black Ice or Freshly vacuumed room ANY SPECIAL TALENTS? I can read really fast and type really fast. DO YOU HAVE ANY PETS? 3! a Scnhauzer, goldendoodle and a hamster DO YOU HAVE ANY SIBLINGS? 4 Older brothers BAD HABITS? I move my legs constantly. Its a nervous/anxiety thing. OH and I am re